Saturday, January 2, 2010, 11:15 AM

It was the first time that I've seen a full moon on New Year's Eve. I thought it was nothing special until I read a Tumblr post saying that this is the second full moon of the month. The first one had come out December 2nd.
Photobucket
(The moon, perfect circle still, I took last night. Click for clearer view)

The second full moon of the month is called the "blue moon". I wasn't able to witness it but the full moon was said to be accompanied by an eclipse. IUCAA1 Arvind Paranjpye said: “When there are two full month in a single month the rare phenomenon is called a blue moon. This blue moon also coincides with a partial lunar eclipse and it happens to be on the last day of the International Year of Astronomy.” (Source)

I notice I had a full view of the moon on my window last night so I went out of the balcony to take photos of it. I wish I had a nicer camera so I could have a nice zoomed-outcome. I attempted pulling it nicely for about more than 50 times. Pictures below are the ones I liked.

Photobucket
(click for clearer view)

(L-R)
Picture A: I don't know how I got this effect. I think I accidentally tilted the camera. My little brother thought it was a lightning.
Picture B & C: The closest I have taken so far. The craters are kind of visible. :)
Picture D: The moon beneath the clouds.



[1] The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics

Labels: , , ,


THE OWNER
Tin San Diego is a registered nurse who appreciates serene places, good melodies, and kind people.



FEATURED GIVEAWAY

Kaitlyn Mannes is hosting another Back to School Giveaway

Up for grabs:
School/office supplies
MAC Lipstick
A loot bag of cosmetics and beauty tools

ENTER HERE

recent entries


Daily Reads

Credits
Base Codes: Karyan Chong
Others: Deviant ArtFlickrSXC



Contents in this blog © Tin San Diego unless otherwise specified.
Stuff taken from other sites are properly credited and/or linked.


Proudly Pinoy!