Saturday, January 10, 2009, 7:49 PM

OH YEAH! Hahaha. This blog, after giving me such headache for not letting me post my entries for dayssss, finally worked and made my day! I've decided not to publish drafts of my previous entries coz most of them were about the previous holidays so it's too late to do that. Haha.

Talking about the topic, I just had some word discoveries I'd like to share, that is if you haven't been informed about it. My word genius classmate, Miko (I consider him that coz its my first time to have met a person like him in flesh), have this huge interest about foreign languages and uncommonly used words.

Last Wednesday was our first day of duty in Novaliches District Hospital's Delivery Room. There were no deliveries in the first few hours so we just talked about anything we liked until we resorted to languages. Miko just made me admire him for his knowledge about language. He actually admitted that he would rather spend money buying language books rather than nursing books. I love his act of sharing some unusual words he know. I actually have to admit that I never realized that these words exist until Miko introduced these to us:

Akimbo
- is the english word for pamay-awang(is that correct? Haha). It's a gesture of putting your hands on your hips.
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
- If you still believe that supercalifragalisticexpialidocious is still the longest word, NA-AH! This 45-letter english word is a disease caused by the inhalation of silica dust(whichis ultramicroscopic) coming from volcanoes.
Wilkommen
- just earlier, I thanked Miko for sending additional information about my report so I replied "Thank you". He then replied with that word. I immediately understood it, I just didn't know
its origin. Haha.

THE OWNER
Tin San Diego is a registered nurse who appreciates serene places, good melodies, and kind people.



FEATURED GIVEAWAY

Kaitlyn Mannes is hosting another Back to School Giveaway

Up for grabs:
School/office supplies
MAC Lipstick
A loot bag of cosmetics and beauty tools

ENTER HERE

recent entries


Daily Reads

Credits
Base Codes: Karyan Chong
Others: Deviant ArtFlickrSXC



Contents in this blog © Tin San Diego unless otherwise specified.
Stuff taken from other sites are properly credited and/or linked.


Proudly Pinoy!