Sunday, January 9, 2011, 10:11 AM

Last month, my mother met this woman who also lives in town and she renders home service massage. Apart from that, she also does palm reading. Curious (and skeptical) if she's really good at Palmistry, my mother showed her palm and let her do her thing..and then my father was next. To make it short, we were as skeptical as we were before she examined my parents' palms. She said my father's disease was caused by diabetes when in fact it was caused by hypertension. And my mother, according to her, recently has been experiencing joint pains (which was true!). Maybe it's just us but we thought most people in their mid-40s experience joint pains so that was a safe line! Anyway, my mother asked her to come to our house every Sunday to give me a massage (because that's what we're interested in and not the future-tellings).

Sunday came. We're almost halfway through when she asked me what my work was. I said I was unemployed. And then she told me, (translated) "2011 is your lucky year." She then held my palm and examined it. I was silently looking at her face, wondering what she was thinking. Then she said that on 2011 I'd be a company nurse and a successful entrepreneur at the same time. Also, she told me that I'd work abroadin the future. She added more predictions, most of which I wanted to believe in but were too good to be true.

I have always been curious about how palm readers can really tell the destined future of a person by merely examining the person's palm lines. And I am just as curious about what my palm says about me and how my life would be years from now. However, I have never thought of sending myself to a fortune teller at the "Fortune Telling Corner" in Quiapo, Manila to have my palm read because from what I've heard, they
1. are self-proclaimed mystics
2. tell people almost the same things as though they memorized a script
3. are only after the profit

Fake, to sum it all up. Ever wondered why they're called manghuHULA?

So the massage service only lasted for 2 Sundays. Few days after the first Sunday I told my mother that I didn't like her service because her kneading was soft and I wanted it hard. Also, it lasted for a little less than 10 minutes only and I didn't even yawn once (a good massage is the one that can send you to sleep, at least for me). On the second Sunday though, I forgot to tell her that I'd discontinue the massage service starting next week and would just let her know if I will need it again. So my mom figured she'd tell her next Sunday but she never came. Maybe she could read minds too?

*Photos from Traveler On Foot

Labels: , ,


THE OWNER
Tin San Diego is a registered nurse who appreciates serene places, good melodies, and kind people.



FEATURED GIVEAWAY

Kaitlyn Mannes is hosting another Back to School Giveaway

Up for grabs:
School/office supplies
MAC Lipstick
A loot bag of cosmetics and beauty tools

ENTER HERE

recent entries


Daily Reads

Credits
Base Codes: Karyan Chong
Others: Deviant ArtFlickrSXC



Contents in this blog © Tin San Diego unless otherwise specified.
Stuff taken from other sites are properly credited and/or linked.


Proudly Pinoy!